Increasingly, the need for affordable is housing is presenting a challenge in urban centres. With its intrinsic qualities, concrete presents a long-term solution to meet the needs of owners and occupants, with benefits that include:
- When used in combination with passive and/or active radiant and cooling systems, concrete’s thermal mass can significantly reduce operational costs.
- With its strength and durability, concrete can stand up to the wear and tear associated with occupancy turnover and reduce maintenance costs.
- Concrete can be customized and modular, cast-in-place or precast for speedier on-site assembly, as required.
- Precast concrete can be deconstructed and reassembled at another location to accommodate future priorities.
- Concrete can be adapted for future use to suit a large variety of purposes.
For information on the affordability of concrete buildings, refer to the links provided below: