Addressing climate change is a collective challenge that requires collective solutions, starting with well-designed policies, supports and market incentives. To help achieve this, we work proactively with governments, environmental groups and civil society to support the development of smart regulatory policy and initiatives.
Our main areas of focus include:
- Helping government navigate the complexities of industry to introduce robust, science-based carbon reduction policies and programs, including carbon pricing;
- Working with provinces to modernize approval processes for the use of alternative low-carbon fuels in cement manufacturing;
- Participating in the development of key “clean economy” transition discussions, including the development of Canada’s strategies on Carbon Capture Utilization and Sequestration (CCUS) and hydrogen, among others;
- Leading the way in the fight to tackle climate change by joining the Net-Zero Challenge, a voluntary initiative led by the Government of Canada that encourages businesses to develop and implement credible and effective plans to transition their facilities and operations to net-zero emissions by 2050;
- Collaborating with government, environmental and related groups to identify and support initiatives, including the National Research Council’s Platform to Decarbonize the Construction Industry at Scale , that will help the transition to a more sustainable, net-zero carbon future;
- Working with governments at all levels to adopt and advance Buy Clean policies to enable green public procurement;
- Fostering more flexible performance-based specifications, and codes and standards, that will help build confidence in increasingly lower carbon concrete. This work is vital to the creation of a “Buy Clean” culture among public and private sector stakeholders.